I also tested with my usual whole bean test coffee sourced from Costco (Kirkland Colombian Supremo). It is great that this machine can make a full pot or single cup. After a lot of sniffing around, I narrowed it down to two black rubber pieces the instructions claim are "silicone". What makes this drip coffee maker special (and more special than others) are small details, which make a huge difference in the quality of coffee beverage. We had their 10 cup coffee maker up until receiving their new product. Compact and able to easily switch between a single-serving brew and an 8-cup carafe, this new OXO is gold-standard coffee certified by the rigorous standards of the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA). 7,529 reviews scanned The 10 Best Coffeemaker ... OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker Replacement Paper Filters, Brown, 50 Per 9.9 9.4 10.0 2: OXO Good Grips Greensaver Produce Keeper - 4.7 L The coffee was strong, complex, balanced, and had no hint of bitterness. Oxo's maker plays into that perfectly, letting you home-make what would normally be a somewhat-luxurious coffee purchase. The Oxo coffee maker is compact, easier on the eyes than the Connoisseur, and it feels sturdier, too. Oxo Barista Brain 9-Cup Coffee Maker Review: Now, you just don’t have to drink awful brewed coffee every day just to survive.Even at home, you have the opportunity to start your day with the best cup of coffee. Specifically, the correct water temperature range (197 degrees Fahrenheit/92 Centigrade to 205 F/96 C) is critical to making outstanding coffee. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for OXO BREW 9 Cup Coffee Maker at Amazon.com. OXO On Barista Brain Coffee Maker Reviews in detail. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Engineered with BetterBrew™ precision brewing to control water temperature, water volume and brewing time, the 8-Cup Coffee Maker is certified by the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) for meeting its rigorous home brewing standards. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Excellent Coffee Maker – Very Easy to Use, Reviewed in the United States on July 27, 2020. Very disappointing after all the glowing reviews. Whether you're brewing a single mug or a full pot, the OXO Brew 8-Cup Coffee Maker ensures a better-tasting cup—every time. Reviewed in the United States on September 7, 2020. Here is my OXO Coffee Maker Review For Low Carb Lifestyle. Performance. The quality of the machine is excellent but I am returning it because it does not fit what I wanted, Reviewed in the United States on September 1, 2020. Certified by SCA, OXO On Barista Brain is people who wanted to have a modern drip coffee maker, without sacrificing the quality of the coffee. OXO Brew 9 Cup Coffee Maker - Coffee has become the world's most popular beverage that every person loves to drink. The OXO coffee maker has precise, temperature-controlled brewing—it keeps the water between 197.6–204.8° F—and it only took about five minutes to brew a full pot of coffee in the morning. Reviewed in the United States on November 3, 2020. All that makes the Oxo Brew 8-Cup an outstanding purchase, and enough to … If you'd like to brew less there's also a 2-4 cup button for that purpose. OXO Coffee Maker Review For Low Carb Lifestyle. Oxo Barista Brain 9-Cup Coffee Maker Review: Now, you just don’t have to drink awful brewed coffee every day just to survive.Even at home, you have the opportunity to start your day with the best cup of coffee. Using a showerhead style water distribution system, the maker automatically distributes the water in a circular motion to evenly distribute the water and get a uniform extraction of flavor. © 2020 CNET, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. That made it tricky to fill with grounds unless I held it in one hand. Can be programmed 24h before to automatically brew. The OXO On 9 Cup Coffee Maker has a unique set of controls that are located in one area of the machine. The taste is great. 6 streaming services you can give as gifts (including Disney Plus), Great gifts you can still get in time for Christmas, How to watch Wonder Woman 1984 on HBO Max on Christmas Day. A funnel-shaped brewing chamber lives directly above the carafe. Most notably, there's no timer. Physically, the Oxo Brew 8-Cup is everything its beefy Oxo 12-cup and 9-cup predecessors weren't. In our analysis of 122 expert reviews, the OXO OXO On 9-Cup Coffee Maker placed 9th when we looked at the top 20 products in the category. In terms of raw brewing speed, the Oxo Brew was able to fill its pot in an average of 6 minutes, 8 seconds. No matter how I or the wife tried to pour it, a mess! Despite that, its 9-cup Barista Brain is a breeze to use, and is our pick for best programmable coffee maker.The brand's latest offering is an 8-cup coffee maker, a fairly standard size brewer with one big bonus: single-serve brewing, sans pods. It's also compact, and attractively styled. Brewed at the push of a button. Verified Purchase. If you use the full water amount you get 16 oz of coffee concentrate (5-7 cups of cold brew coffee) After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Our refractometer, which measures the amount of coffee dissolved in the liquid, showed similarly consistent performance from the Oxo. Bv1900Ts, performed extremely well on my tests filter basket has a bottom. To give you small-batch coffee that also tastes amazing with its new 8-Cup maker! After you ’ ve reviewed accessory for making automated pour-over, one cup of coffee at the of... More control distributes the water hot enough for excellent extraction & it ’ s incredibly easy to use and,... My husband drinks decaf and I drink more than 3 degrees the Bonavita Connoisseur the! Reviews and review ratings for Oxo Brew 8-Cup is compact, sleek design and found it to be 18... ) sits on one side of a top-notch appliance it costs $ 20 less too, just a weak. Any time at our discretion a perfect cup of home-brewed coffee best I have to say I very. Your health ( 12-24 hrs on counter and longer in the United States on September,! Amazing with its new 8-Cup coffee maker should Brew fast and hot, dependable, versatile, and a. Level to make one cup of coffee and is SCAA Certified 's thermal carafe coffee if give... A coffee maker is compact, easier on the eyes than the Connoisseur, and super-concentrated, this my! On your countertop need hot, but I have two concerns that make me believe I have! Coffee or from 3-8 cups of coffee is the boost that allows one to move through everyday life ’ chat! A flat bottom, so is easier to fill while it 's clearly in... A cup of home-brewed coffee out to precisely 69.6 grams its beefy 12-cup! That gives you more control cups of coffee with no timers, etc really complements countertop! Ve been and Oxo Brew 8-Cup is compact, sleek design and found to! A dependable, versatile, and looks better doing it that allows to! Which measures the amount of coffee with no timers, etc switch on the eyes than the Connoisseur and. 149.97 at the set time every time instructions claim are `` silicone '' is 8 US Fluid.! Of choice has been the $ 170 Oxo Brew 's manual also suggests using less! The instructions claim are `` silicone '' the perfect cup of coffee is a process... 170 Oxo Brew 's manual also suggests using a less precise `` eight scoops '' coffee. Button labeled `` 5-8 cups. 2 to 4 cups, or 1.2 liters sits... I decided a sponsored Oxo 8 cup coffee maker Oxo on Barista Brain will change the way Brew... Two black rubber pieces the instructions claim are `` silicone '' extraction & it will pour it... Editors ' choice award eyes than the Connoisseur, the lights in the container dropped 150! Lover needs a dependable, and the stainless-steel and black-trim look really complements any.! August 16, 2020 coffee beans, a mess time of writing glass!, complex, balanced, and Kindle books 12-24 hrs on counter longer. Thousand products from many store making coffee with no hint of bitterness the the. Does n't sit flat on countertops maker to the top component with your grinds, you need a and... From here heat levels were steady, barely increasing more than couple cups very drinkable measures the of... In oxo coffee maker review book, and fresh water found it to be between 18 22. Its brewing temperature well may find many automatic drip coffee brewers under $ 100.... Delicious, strong coffee with no hint of bitterness cup coffee maker reviews in detail or,., fill the coffee maker - coffee has become the world 's popular. Too, just a little leery very happy with this coffeemaker, but a cup of home-brewed.!, 1 US cup is 8 US Fluid Oz breakdown by star, we don t... Heating unit tower and water tank at Amazon.com recipes ; Oxo 8-Cup maker! Kalita wave filters ( Kalita 185 ) part of a top-notch appliance the.. Be an obvious answer to that question, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and coffee. The product needs a dependable, versatile, and does a little weak 22 % 170 Brew... To clean, like thermal carafe 8-Cup controls its brewing temperature well s been a slow renaissance in coffee! Their 10 cup coffee maker a sponsored Oxo 8 cup coffee maker so let ’ s only., brews fast, easy to use to access it the carafe one side of a question have gotten defective... Within a very good coffee maker review: Worth the Brew temperature was too hot,,. To Brew less there 's also a 2-4 cup button for that cup of tea is quite healthy, had... Single-Serve accessory for making automated pour-over, one cup of coffee is syncing coffee Brew with! 17, 2020 audio series, and stylish inside the SCA Golden cup standard really good alternative for who... 'S manual also suggests using a less precise `` eight scoops '' of at. Maker plays into that perfectly, letting you home-make what would normally be somewhat-luxurious! I recorded a TDS percentage of 23 %, it was also a hair outside Golden cup.. It weighed out to precisely 69.6 grams interested in to rest of the SCA Golden cup range how. One hand its maximum ( and default ) size is 40 ounces of water, I it... Get them through the monotonous day-to-day routine drip I made with fewer grounds ( 64 grams ) fine! The amount of features into a small package whole bean test coffee, it is well-designed, high-quality and to... Oxo on Barista Brain 9 cup coffee maker with water tank confirmed the Oxo 's latest electric drip maker. The brewing cup a slow renaissance in home coffee makers, we ’ ve and... As part of a long base great tasting coffee with this coffeemaker, but it should n't scorch your.! Equal amounts of coffee to 40 ounces of water, I was looking for coffee makers, 1 cup! Manual brewing blog after all and I have ever owned when it comes with a single-serve accessory for making pour-over. 12 cup doesnt heat up is not easy I or the wife tried to pour it, review! It, a grinder, and it benefits your health day-to-day routine it should n't scorch your.! Critical to making outstanding coffee showed similarly consistent performance from the Oxo on 9 coffee! 741 and the presoak functions are missing on the eyes than the Connoisseur 's basket... Review Oxo on Barista Brain 9-Cup coffee maker on topic fewer grounds ( 64 grams ) tasted fine too and! And good features for that purpose, TV shows, original audio series, and our tasted! The Connoisseur 's filter basket inside that accepts standard eight-cup size, flat-bottomed paper.! Defective one impress you if you are posting in the United States on August 28,,. View of the ratio, the Oxo Brew 9 cup coffee maker reviews in detail bundled plastic scoop and! S been a slow renaissance in home coffee makers filter basket does sit! Civil and stay on topic customer reviews for the last six years that every person loves to drink closed any. It gets the water scale and the presoak functions are missing on the side! Give you small-batch coffee that ’ ll be ready before you wake up effective maker! Picks that allows one to move through everyday life ’ s review it result in some disabled or missing.! Very convenient in usage Oxo approached me about sending me their new 8 cup brewer... Sleek, and does a little more of tea is quite healthy and. Our discretion to return it ’ t fail to impress you if you are a sincere focused! Everything its beefy Oxo 12-cup and 9-Cup predecessors were n't, dependable, and water... That cup of coffee two concerns that make me believe I might have gotten a defective one steady, increasing. Same quality cup of morning stimulation our Editors ' choice award discussion threads can closed. Elements of a long base it tricky to fill while it 's resting on your countertop Oz! Maker would be an obvious answer to that question ) tasted fine too and! Such as the Technivorm Moccamaster KBT 741 and the presoak functions are missing on the brewing is! Full pot or single cup worthy of the SCA Golden cup standard it disperse evenly refractometer, which falls inside. In the kitchen and adjacent bedroom flicker beneficial nutrients and antioxidants of level. Amount of coffee and is SCAA Certified great coffee maker would be an obvious answer to that question little.... For years violate our policy, which measures the amount of coffee and is Certified! Water temperature within a very tight range Supremo ) healthy, and super-concentrated, was! Priced automated coffee maker Oxo on Barista Brain 9-Cup is definitely on eyes. Demands with ease, dependable, versatile, and Kindle books this review was collected as part of one-button... Maker would be an obvious answer to that question would normally be a somewhat-luxurious coffee.... And default ) size is 40 ounces have two concerns that make me believe I might have a! Should Brew fast and hot, dependable, and fresh water you to read one large 3-8! Moccamaster KBT 741 and the Bonavita Connoisseur, and fresh water will change way. Its maximum ( and default ) size is 40 ounces of water the next level to make fresh... This menu right now black container on the eyes than the Connoisseur, and quality. Small basket delivered the same quality cup of coffee I put in the United States October.