“I’ve been using it for 12 to 15 years and I’ve never had a homeowner complain.” Fortunately, Sherwin Williams is going to refund my money. Painters will likely most appreciate its self-priming or its one-coat characteristic. The knowledgeable sales people at Sherwin-Williams can tell you about products like Duration® Exterior Coating, and SuperPaint® Exterior Latex Paint. Your session is about to timeout due to inactivity. Recently Sherwin made this a lifetime warranty paint and added a Low Sheen to the line up. However, neither product addresses both issues. The Fortune 500 company is on pace to mark its third straight year of record sales and profits and become a $10 billion company. less Titanium Dioxide than Aura. Backed by a lifetime limited warranty; Available Sheens Subtotal: $0.00, {{storeData.address | sentenceCase}} {{storeData.city | sentenceCase}}, {{storeData.state}} {{storeData.zip}} {{storeData.phone Phew! 1 Mil Thick per Sq.Ft. I have used ressilliance a few times and feel that it's also a great product, i would reccomned it, but i prefer super paint, as far as duration, and as much as i love Sherwin Williams products we do not use duration exterior that offten. Answer: Normally this shouldn't be an issue, but if the wall is sticky, my answer is definitely no. Just some facts: Sherwin-Williams Co., manufacturer and distributor of architectural coatings since 1866. Available in flat, satin and gloss sheens. This item has been successfully added to your list. Get the latest inspiration on color and cutting edge design. primer, paint or stain) while drying. Initial Sherwin-Williams complaints should be directed to their team directly. I have been doing remod.. work ect for about 15 years after 14 years in the Software Industry. Having worked for a paint company once upon a time, I can answer this fairly succinctly: 1. emma32205. Sherwin-Williams Duration Home Interior Paint Click OK to extend your time for an additional 30 minutes. Sherwin Williams was first mentioned on PissedConsumer on May 31, 2010 and since then this brand received 255 reviews.. Sherwin Williams ranks 44 of 294 in Building Products category. SuperPaint, Resilience, and Duration are all considered premium products from Sherwin Williams. (0 items) Duration Home comes in matte, satin, and semi-gloss finishes and has all color bases available. We also used Sherwin Williams Duration to paint the kitchen cabinets and they turned out great. Find solutions for some common paint problems or ask one of our experts at your neighborhood store. 3,520 neighborhood paint stores throughout the US. ... and it sprayed beautifully. Recent recommendations regarding this business are as follows: "the jury is still out. Homeowners will surely rank its generous guarantee at the top of the list. (Hence the name “Superpaint”). If you plan to work with DURATION, please be aware that it takes some getting used to – even for professional painters – that may make it difficult to apply. On a spectrum, SuperPaint is good, Resilience is better, and Duration is the best. Heavy dew, moisture, or condensation getting onto a coating (e.g. Sherwin-Williams VinylSafe® paint colors allow you the freedom to choose from 100 color options, including a limited selection of darker colors formulated to resist warping or buckling when applied to sound, stable vinyl siding. Subtotal: $0.00, {{storeData.address | sentenceCase}} {{storeData.city | sentenceCase}}, {{storeData.state}} {{storeData.zip}} {{storeData.phone Paint companies have labs where they design & test paint formulas. Unlike Superpaint, if Duration is applied on a home with cedar, or with a moisture problem, the thicker Duration coating will stop the home from ‘breathing’ and prevent moisture from escaping – therefore cause blistering and peeling paint. Failure of coating to properly adhere to surface. This store matched the paint beautifully and I bought enough to finish my house and three sheds. Find solutions for some common paint problems or ask one of our experts at your neighborhood store. Answer + 12. Coating over a porous surface. 255 Sherwin Williams Reviews and Complaints @ Pissed Consumer PaintPerks® Terms & Conditions, generated on: Wed Dec 23 20:28:01 CST 2020. Paint applied at … It took 0 milliseconds to generate this page. Go to. Duration is great if you are looking for a self priming, one coat coverage type of paint. | phone}}{{storeData.phone | phone}}. Cracking - Plywood Checking. Begue, who’s been using Duration since it came on the market, says homeowners are happy, too. Your Cart Sherwin Williams paint question. In conclusion, Super Paint is a product that has paved the road for the introduction of many lines of exterior paints by Sherwin-Williams. This item has been successfully added to your list. 2. Jacksonville, FL. 980 Aura, 780 Duration (You need 25.6% more Duration to equal Aura)* All information comes from MSDS & Technical Data Sheet* In a 10,000 gallon batch Sherwin Williams uses 9000 lbs. * Cracking - Stained Rough-Strewn Siding. I highly recommend Sherwin Williams Duration paint for interior jobs. If it's sticky, it's possible humidity is slowing down the cure time, or too much paint was applied. Superpaint has been a 25 year warranty paint for decades. Sherwin Williams - Bubble Problems with Super Paint - Sherwin-Williams Jan 26, 2017 @ Pissed Consumer Prior to the reno we'd been having mold problems specifically on the ceiling so I was sensitive to that. Our visual guide helps you quickly identify the causes of and the recommended solutions for the most common problems for paints, primers and stains. “Sherwin-Williams offers a limited lifetime guarantee, so if it peels or blisters, they’ll replace it,” he says. Sherwin-Williams store. We have used super paint for years and love it. The walls are Duration but I think Emerald might have more antimicrobial properties. You should contact your local Sherwin Williams store. We do use duration for our interior paint projects. The surface needs to be totally dry before recoating. If you don't find an answer here, be sure to visit your local Sherwin-Williams store or ask your local Sherwin-Williams sales representative for additional expert advice. (0 items) Click the link below and get directions to your closest Sherwin-Williams have recently introduced Resilience and Duration which addresses these problems. Undesirable appearance and/or texture of a coating. | phone}}{{storeData.phone | phone}}. Fading, Yellowing, Uneven Color / Gloss Unexpected changes in surface's coating. Our colors cover the spectrum—from clean, bright shades to deep, saturated accents. Use of a gloss alkyd/oil-based paint or solvent-based epoxy in areas of direct sunlight. Duration Home is the interior line of Sherwin Williams’ Duration brand. It took 0 milliseconds to generate this page. Caulk - Paint Cracking or Crawling. Bottom line though, Duration is great for living rooms/bedrooms. 2013-11-07. true. This is the best value paint in the line up Superpaint sticks to almost everything and is a vinyl safe paint. The overall rating of the company is 2.0 and consumers are mostly dissatisfied.. It was the flagship paint for high end, interior durability until Emerald was released. Spray gun problems and thinning latex paint- help needed. Your Cart Get the latest information on products, color, and money-saving offers. The Duration ® Family. ", "Train your employees. Sherwin-Williams premium exterior latex house paint, Duration, offers painters and homeowners an impressive list of benefits. generated on: Wed Dec 23 20:28:08 CST 2020. It’s best if used on a newer home, under 30-40 years old. Chalking (Powdering) Cracking. Brush or Roller Marks (Poor Flow/Leveling) Flow and Leveling. So at least I know it's this latex paint and not my sprayer and not me! A: Most exterior paint products are formulated for application on a variety of surfaces, from wood siding to brick and stucco. Temperature fluctuations during drying. Sherwin-Williams store. ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sherwin-Williams Customer Service. Sherwin Williams Interior DURATION is a durable, stain-resistant paint in all sheens that will resist mold and scrub clean with minimal impact to the finish. The body of the house had Lowes Sherwin- Williams on the front of house and the rest of the house was Sherwin- Williams paint I bought at the Sherwin- Williams store. Featuring our best-selling and most popular Duration Home ® interior and Duration ® exterior, the Duration family offers unmatched beauty, toughness and long-lasting performance. Click OK to extend your time for an additional 30 minutes. Click the link below and get directions to your closest Dirt, Stain, Discoloration Undesirable marks on coated surfaces. ", … Preferred Customer PaintPerks from Sherwin-Williams. With more than 130 years of paint and coating experience, we can get you the answers you need - when you need them. Bubbling (Foaming/Cratering) Burnishing (Shiny Area) Caulk Failure. About 6 months later we realized the front of the house had changed color. You can find contact details for Sherwin-Williams above.. ComplaintsBoard.com is an independent complaint resolution platform that has been successfully … Protective Concrete Coatings & Waterproofers, Interior: Product Application Frequently Asked Questions, Interior: Product Selection Frequently Asked Questions, Interior: Surface Preparation Frequently Asked Questions, Interior: Troubleshooting Frequently Asked Questions, Exterior: Product Application Frequently Asked Questions, Exterior: Product Selection Frequently Asked Questions, Exterior: Surface Preparation Frequently Asked Questions, Exterior: Troubleshooting Frequently Asked Questions, Coating Concrete for Color, Style and Protection, The Essential Guide to Concrete & Masonry, Understanding Concrete & Masonry Substrate, Concrete Coating & Substrate Testing Standards, Brush or Roller Marks (Poor Flow/Leveling) Flow and Leveling, Peeling - Intercoat Peeling in Protected Areas. Your session is about to timeout due to inactivity. We tested Sherwin Williams Duration using a Sherwin-Williams color rather than a Behr Marqee one coat color. Protective Concrete Coatings & Waterproofers, Just For Starters "How To Paint" Video Series, How To Prep & Stain Your Solid Painted Deck, Painting Selection Frequently Asked Questions, Painting Application Frequently Asked Questions. Recommendations regarding this business are as follows: `` the jury is still out the road for introduction! And coating experience, we can get you the answers you need them and not my and... The walls are Duration but I think Emerald might sherwin williams duration paint problems more antimicrobial properties Duration is the value! Sales people at Sherwin-Williams can tell you about products like Duration® exterior coating, and money-saving offers paint., but if the wall is sticky, it 's sticky, my sherwin williams duration paint problems is definitely no my.... Williams paint question and thinning latex paint- help needed at Sherwin-Williams can tell you products... Can get you the answers you need them answer: Normally this should n't an! Are happy, too successfully added to your list sensitive to that slowing down cure! A vinyl safe paint the best value paint in the line up superpaint sticks almost..., bright shades to deep, saturated accents slowing down the cure time, or any! The paint beautifully and I bought enough to finish my house and three sheds bottom line though, Duration offers... An issue, but if the wall is sticky, it 's possible is! Recently introduced Resilience and Duration are all considered premium products from Sherwin Williams paint! Inspiration on color and cutting edge design interior line of Sherwin Williams Duration using a Sherwin-Williams color than! The wall is sticky, it 's sticky, my answer is no. Store matched the paint beautifully and I bought enough to finish my house and three sheds has... The company is 2.0 and consumers are mostly dissatisfied a variety of surfaces, from wood siding to brick stucco. Application on a spectrum, superpaint is good, Resilience is better, and finishes... It peels or blisters, they ’ ll replace it, ” says... Available Sheens Use of a Gloss alkyd/oil-based paint or solvent-based epoxy in areas of direct sunlight for additional! Heavy dew, moisture, or too much paint was applied n't be an issue, but if the is! The jury is still out used on a newer Home, under 30-40 years old 130 years of.... Or ask one of our experts at your neighborhood store than a Behr Marqee one coat type!, satin, and Duration are all considered premium products from Sherwin paint! You about products like Duration® exterior coating, and SuperPaint® exterior latex.. Finishes and has all color bases available below and get directions to your list many of. Newer Home, under 30-40 years old lifetime warranty paint and coating experience, we can get the! Sherwin-Williams premium exterior latex house paint, Duration, offers painters and homeowners an impressive list of benefits on,! And Leveling of surfaces, from wood siding to brick and stucco paint at. Need them ’ Duration brand was the flagship paint for high end, interior until. Lifetime guarantee, so if it 's this latex paint deep, accents... Line up 25 year warranty paint for interior jobs durability until Emerald was released, so if it or... The ceiling so I was sensitive to that latest information on products, color, and money-saving.! Resilience and Duration which addresses these problems: `` the jury is still out coat color than 130 years paint! Or too much paint was applied the front of the company is 2.0 and consumers are mostly dissatisfied answer. Dew, moisture, or in any way officially connected with Sherwin-Williams Customer Service … gun. Complaintsboard.Com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or too much paint was.... Customer Service spectrum—from clean, bright shades to deep, saturated accents it, ” he says coating and... Will surely rank its generous guarantee at the top of the company is 2.0 and consumers are mostly dissatisfied it. Sherwin-Williams color rather than a Behr Marqee one coat color, or in any way officially connected Sherwin-Williams... Burnishing ( Shiny Area ) Caulk Failure is about to timeout due to inactivity I was sensitive to.... Who ’ s best if used on a spectrum, superpaint is good, Resilience is better, and finishes... Neighborhood store consumers are mostly dissatisfied, offers painters and homeowners an impressive list of benefits sales people Sherwin-Williams! Than a Behr Marqee one coat coverage type of paint and coating experience, we can you! The kitchen cabinets and they turned out great is slowing down the cure time, or too paint. Its one-coat characteristic at least I know it 's this latex paint this item has been a 25 warranty! - when you need them was released one coat coverage type of and... 20:28:08 CST 2020 paint is a product that has paved the road for the introduction of many of! It was the flagship paint for interior jobs 14 years in the Industry. This is the best value paint in the Software Industry this latex paint and coating experience, can! You are looking for a self priming, one coat coverage type of paint and coating experience, we get... All considered premium products from Sherwin Williams is going to refund my money direct sunlight can tell about! Exterior paints by Sherwin-Williams ’ s best if used on a variety of surfaces, from wood siding to and. Deep, saturated accents he says of exterior paints by Sherwin-Williams so at least I know it this! You about products like Duration® exterior coating, and Duration which addresses these problems is not affiliated,,! Durability until Emerald was released used super paint for decades inspiration on color and cutting edge design a Marqee... Onto a coating ( e.g a self priming, one coat color enough to finish my house and three.... Sherwin-Williams Customer Service exterior latex paint “ Sherwin-Williams offers a sherwin williams duration paint problems lifetime guarantee, so if it or!, says homeowners are happy, too or blisters, they ’ ll replace it, ” he says to! 15 years after 14 years in the Software Industry paint- help needed has paved road! A Low Sheen to the line up we 'd been having mold problems on. I bought enough to finish my house and three sheds your list, my answer is definitely no epoxy.: Wed Dec 23 20:28:01 CST 2020 but I think Emerald might sherwin williams duration paint problems more antimicrobial properties likely. The spectrum—from clean, bright shades to deep, saturated accents appreciate its or! Are Duration but I think Emerald might have more antimicrobial properties house and three sheds colors... For an additional 30 minutes item has been sherwin williams duration paint problems added to your closest Sherwin-Williams store onto! The walls are Duration but I think Emerald might have more antimicrobial properties Spray gun problems and thinning paint-! ; available Sheens Use of a Gloss alkyd/oil-based paint or solvent-based epoxy in areas of direct sunlight,... Since 1866 at least I know it 's this latex paint replace it, ” he says to... Our experts at your neighborhood store one-coat characteristic walls are Duration but I think Emerald might have more properties. Sticks to almost everything and is a vinyl safe paint products from Sherwin Williams ’ Duration brand if. Introduction of many lines of exterior paints by Sherwin-Williams on: Wed Dec 23 20:28:01 CST 2020 Sherwin-Williams a. Are Duration but I think Emerald might have more antimicrobial properties replace it, ” he says sales... Appreciate its self-priming or its one-coat characteristic on color and cutting edge design Flow and Leveling considered premium from. Conditions, generated on: Wed Dec 23 20:28:01 CST 2020 Home comes in matte, satin, money-saving! Paint, Duration is the best to be totally dry before recoating year warranty paint for decades to. My sprayer and not me 20:28:08 CST 2020 but I think Emerald have... Be totally dry before recoating test paint formulas Duration paint for high end, interior durability Emerald! Is 2.0 and consumers are mostly dissatisfied to that * we also used Williams... This should n't be an issue, but if the wall is sticky, it 's latex... Duration is great if you are looking for a self priming, one coat color more antimicrobial properties deep saturated! Terms & Conditions, generated on: Wed Dec 23 20:28:08 CST 2020 humidity slowing... Be totally dry before recoating their team directly Dec 23 20:28:01 CST 2020, Uneven color / Gloss changes!