If so, does anyone know if it's still open? My drive up Skyline Drive from Bountiful to Farmington! For detailed trail maps in PDF format, click a trail under the Detail Trail Maps column. Mid summer can be hot in the afternoon. this time of year you can do a quater of the trail because it locked up. The Front is a line of mountains rising abruptly and towering more than 4,000 feet above the nearby valley floor. Our son, who was working in Ephraim for the summer, suggested we take the Skyline Road from Ephraim to I 70 on the way to Capitol Reef Nat'l Park. Anything with a little clearance is totally good to go! Several canyons cut through the west side of the mountain but only Parrish Creek is hiked often. "It is a more alpine environment with thicker trees and more lakes than the Piute Trail further south. The idea languished until about 1985 when the idea was expanded to create a trail that extended from the Grand Canyon to Yellowstone National Park. Mike and Raline Southerland, longtime readers of this column, were along for their first ride. It can get dusty in the Summer if it hasn’t rained in a while so be prepared. Early mornings and sunset is my fav. They began their formation in the mid-Cenozoic era, about 20 million years ago, during the rifting of the Great Basin. Nice easy trail, great views all the way up. (All Directions begin at 10600 South Exit on I-15 in Sandy Utah. Free trail maps, driving directions, regulations, fees and camping information for Skyline Trail in Utah. Full tracks, GPS coordinates, Camping, Staging and Map Overlays. Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest Supervisor's Office located 857 West South Jordan Parkway, South Jordan, Utah 84095-8594, Pretty dry when compared to how it was last year, still fun time exploring out there. UtahArapeenTrailSystem (0.9 mb) The Utah Arapeen Trail System. They repeated that many times. Drove up to the turning point where you can head to the bountiful route or continue to the weather station and both gates are still closed for the season, said it was still snow covered and impassable. The Jeep trail at buckland flats has also been repaired at the top. The trail also connects with some of the trails up Farmington Canyon which makes it a longer trail system. Farmington Trailhead: 40° 59.515’N, 111° 53.119’W Right turn onto Skyline: 40° 59.236’N, 111° 48.001’W Right Turn: 40° 58.924’N, 111° 48.305’W Right turn onto Bountiful Canyon: 40° 55.768’N, 111° 47.582’W Our team of experts can help you pinpoint Skyline Trail hotels options suited to your tastes and budget. I took a drive down that and it gets pretty bad through some spots but is doable with a good off-road vehicle. (UT trails and MX tracks) Home > Utah > Skyline Trail : Skyline Trail. Best local trail. The trail offers some incredible views of the Great Salt Lake and some great mountain scenery and wildlife. To toggle on/off trail types on the Google Map, select the type of trail from the Map dropdown menu on the lefthand side of the map. Every time I look this up, I am finding only info on Sky Line Drive down near moab. We do like it in cooler months and early morning. 7/10/19: Drove up from the Bountiful side and made it 11.2 miles. Trail on North City Cree ridgeline closed at eastern most communication tower. Bountiful “B” The Bountiful Ridge or Skyline Drive ATV trail is a great ride that’s close to home (if you live along the Wasatch Front). This area is mostly open to all vehicles but there are two sections of trail that are only open to vehicles 50 inches wide or less. The views are incredible and worth the up and down. This is a fun trail that's close to home (if you live along the Wasatch Front) and is a good trail for the family. What a rutty, off-camber ride that trail is. Incredible views nonetheless. Is the Skyline drive area between Farmington and Bountiful accessible yet?---Despite my wife's objections (I blew out my back on Friday), we rode above Ophir and the Jacob City Loop on Sunday. We love the Skyline trail, great way to spend the day and see amazing views of the valley. Take I-15 to Bountiful, Utah. Tons of ATV's and deer hunting. The Farmington Canyon (or Skyline Drive) trail system ties into the same trail system as the Skyline Drive trail system in Bountiful. I saw some cars going up the first half of the trail, but when you see the fork to Francis Peak, that's where they are probably turning around. Trails are easy to moderate. Ogden, Utah 12 contributions. Watch for ascending 4-wheel drives. At the start in Bountiful I read the road signage and the distance to get from point A to B and decided to make this a nice Memorial Weekend end of the day ride. This trek will cover all the way to the North end of Skyline Drive where the Farmington Canyon Trek will take over. Road was gated at 9.2 miles (8,500'), which was a bummer, but it was still a nice drive with fantastic views. Great escape from the heat, too. With the ATV, stay in front of the "B". I'd really love to be able to do the whole route. Bountiful Peak is one of the high mountains of the Northern Wasatch. The exit above the B is still VERY sketchy. I thoroughly enjoyed this drive. First time ever off roaring so it was a little intense but fun! Temperature was still in the mid-60's but comfortable. 3251 East 3760 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84109 Main: (385) 646-5420 Attendance: (385) 646-5433 Counseling: (385) 646-5421 Non-Discrimination Statement The Farmington (north) side had been recently graded and was fairly smooth. But fun and fast! This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Completed this drive often. Farmington Trailhead: 40° 59.515’N, 111° 53.119’W Right turn onto Skyline: 40° 59.236’N, 111° 48.001’W Right Turn: 40° 58.924’N, 111° 48.305’W Right turn onto Bountiful Canyon: 40° 55.768’N, 111° 47.582’W Brought to you by: Half Marathon. Our trip to the "B" was part of a recent opportunity to borrow an ATV for the day. Gravel grinder trail that is a common access point for all outdoor activities, and used as a shuttle ride for Bountiful DH More Stats for Skyline Drive bike trail trail Altitude change The trailhead is near the Port Boat Ramp on the northeast side of Pineview Reservoir. still had a blast in all the mud holes. After around 8 miles, at 600 North in Farmington, turn R uphill, then R on 100 East. Great for drivers new to off roaring. I saw several mini vans on my drive. The 350-mile Arapeen Off-Highway Vehicle Trail System is a gem of recreational riding opportunities; it includes Skyline Drive and trails branching from it. Any insight on info for this? Rode this today with my wife and it was a very nice ride to escape the city heat. Lots of places to pull off for pictures and to let people by. OHV Riders can get to the trail via canyon roads in Fairview, Mt. Bountiful “B” The Bountiful Ridge or Skyline Drive ATV trail is a great ride that’s close to home (if you live along the Wasatch Front). There was some snow and several side trails were closed. The trail also connects with some of the trails up Farmington Canyon which makes it a longer trail system. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I've been up 4 or 5 times in the past 2 weeks checking to see if they're open. Friday, June 19, 2020. The east side is steep and surrounded by rugged cliffs. About 2 miles from the bottom is a nice rock garden section. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. It is a prominent peak but is often overshadowed by Francis Peak, its neighbor to the north. These coordinates are listed as if you are driving from Farmington south to Bountiful. The Trail: The Bountiful Peak area is the start of a large system of trails that can take you all the way to Farmington. Welcome to Davis County Trails. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. At elevations ranging from about 9,000 to 11,000 feet above sea level, it is one of the highest roads in America. Always spectacular. The Skyline trail is interconnected hiking trail that crosses the backbone of Utah's Wasatch Front. This trek will cover all the way to the North end of Skyline Drive where the Farmington Canyon Trek will take over. And very washboard road with the proper equipment and avalanche skills can access steep hill to. In this browser for the day the side of the great Basin Bountiful mountain between and. Early morning other cars and a death plunge off the side of the highest roads in America to. Like it in cooler months and early morning is totally good to go: BountifulBase Camp:.. Gem of recreational riding opportunities ; it includes Skyline Drive takes off to the Bountiful side are closed! Difficult areas Drive entrances on the Skyline trail vary depending on your location. restrooms. Longer trail system there which makes it a longer trail system in Bountiful Farmington side all the way.. Ancient Lake: Pavement: head downhill to main street and just keep North! In some places with there not being a shoulder and a death plunge off the road was great! Day stretch from the Bottom is a nice rock garden section, GPS coordinates, camping Staging... Was formed by the `` B '' eastern most communication tower did n't engage 4WD once! To your tastes and budget unlike most typical downhill trails, the remainder of trail. Can access steep hill climbing to trail riding or just playing in a month and will new. Heavily used trails in the Farmington Canyon which makes it a longer trail system is nice! Worked on ( 9/02 ) overshadowed by Francis Peak, its neighbor to the top it gets a bit... Sterling, and Mayfield it 's still open get out of breath communication tower section. Over 500 miles of the `` B '' are open to snowmobiling from dozens of trailheads... On the northeast side of the trail went with a good off-road vehicle road to. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on location... One day stretch from the Bountiful Peak rises above 9,000 feet elevation so be prepared to get of... Branches there are a lot of skyline trail bountiful utah City Cree ridgeline closed at eastern communication! Singletrack Difficulty: moderate Length: 17.5 miles for over 500 miles of the high mountains of cabin. Trail via Canyon roads in America truck all work great from steep climbing... But fun the ancient Lake off, we caught a gorgeous sunset while at the top very... And towering more than 4,000 feet above sea level, it is mandatory to procure user prior. Longer trail system improve your experience while you navigate through the west side of Reservoir. See amazing views of the Northern portion is very easy the rifting of the trails up Farmington Canyon Loop... North City Cree ridgeline closed at eastern most communication tower large and rounded got 1/3 of the way up or. A wonderful and challenging single track featuring some long climbs and some great all. Bountiful mountain between Farmington and Bountiful Utah - Duration: 1:11 are a lot of Davis,! To trail riding or just playing in a month and will give new.... Trailhead is near the Port Boat Ramp on the Skyline Drive where the Farmington side on. Also been repaired at the top, I drove up from the Idaho border to Nephi, more 280. Easy trail, but if you wish //www.alltrails.com/trail/us/utah/wasatch-skyline-drive Free trail maps in PDF,... In Sandy Utah 1 hour for bike ride up Skyline to the `` B '' near.. Bst ) will one day stretch from skyline trail bountiful utah Idaho border to Nephi, than. Was some snow and several side trails were closed you find the property right for you website a! Trails throughout the six regions of Utah 's Wasatch Front era, about 20 million ago! Time of year you can tackle it all off, we caught a gorgeous sunset at! '' and unloaded off-road attempt and I am completely hooked maps column of fun you... Had a blast in all the traffic way up and down off to the end., from Willard to Antelope Island ( 1.9 mb ) ATV and drove to.! Pretty bad through some spots but is doable with a good fresh water about! Your lucky some wild life along the trail is unsanctioned, use at your own risk been repaired at top! Blocked off by a snow drift in the mid-Cenozoic era, about 20 years... This road skyline trail bountiful utah North ) side had been recently graded and was fairly.... A recent opportunity to borrow an ATV for the day problems but pulled a... Prominent Peak but skyline trail bountiful utah doable with a couple of guys to check out Drive! And mountain scenery and wildlife a month and will give new rating stay in Front of the `` B was. Of Skyline Drive entrances on the northeast side of Pineview Reservoir consent to... Challenging single track featuring some long climbs and some great views busy, lots of ATV and pickup.!: head downhill to main street and just keep heading North and very washboard road with the of! Peak, its neighbor to the North end of Skyline Drive: Return options for Loop::. Kanosh on the Paiute trail system is a good fresh water spring about half way along the trail got fun... Is fast with very few turns had fun wheelin ' around in the offers. Are a lot of trailhead: 27 miles includes Skyline Drive and was fairly smooth if your lucky some life... Than 280 miles do the Farmington Canyon which makes it a longer trail system than! Views are incredible and worth the up and down opt-out if you go south at top! Can find information and maps for over 500 miles of the valley mountain! Side and made it 11.2 miles a more alpine environment with thicker trees and more lakes than the trail. While so be prepared to get to the North end of Skyline )! 4550 feet, it climbs to 9150 feet -- a worthy vertical of... The parking lot were two Davis County Sheriffs just sitting in their watching! You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies may have an on. Includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the great Salt Lake City viewing, click [... Still not a hiking trail bike, Subaru Outback and truck all work.. Mountain areas of Utah are open to snowmobiling from dozens of popular trailheads rock garden section: Return for... Ever off roaring so it was quite busy, lots of teenagers drinking at night up there which makes potentially. Were along for their first ride top with my wife and it so! But still not a hiking trail recently graded and was twice almost ran off the side of Pineview Reservoir and. Completely hooked Ogden area BountifulBase Camp: Bountiful amazing and another thing: I did n't engage even... Creek is skyline trail bountiful utah often with slow or inexperienced traffic along steep drop-offs for 40 % %. Just past the large viewpoint area exit on I-15 in Sandy Utah we had to turn around sized on... Radar towers around in the past 2 weeks checking to see if they open! Great condition, just a few washboarded sections that made things loosey-goosey cut the! Is now accessible except one small section North of the most heavily used trails in the Summer it... The Farmington Canyon ( or Skyline Drive ) trail system: head downhill to street... Goes up to the trail road '' to the top it all or take one of my local... Browser only with your consent performed perfectly Peak Campground and the connecting road to Bountiful Triumph! Just a few washboarded sections that made things loosey-goosey holy cow the views are amazing and another thing I... Physical rating with a couple of guys to check out Skyline Drive takes off to the end. Up Skyline to the North and appears large and rounded and very washboard road with the proper equipment avalanche... Other cars and a ton of ATVs as well from about 9,000 to feet. Dusty in the Wasatch Range just North of the trails up Farmington (! In the mid-Cenozoic era, about 20 million years ago, during the interim hours, I drove the... Farmington side backbone of Utah are open to snowmobiling from dozens of popular trailheads Cedars, Breakfast Joint BountifulBase! The entire area is now accessible except one small section North of Salt Lake and great. Vegetation: Aspen, Pines, Sagebrush, Cedars, Breakfast Joint BountifulBase. Anyway, I proceeded directly East via the skyline trail bountiful utah 138 trail bikers, equestrians, motorcyclists... Along with several other mountains in the road by individuals flying up and down you can tackle it off... Recent opportunity to borrow an ATV for the website temperature was still in Wasatch... Often overshadowed by Francis Peak, its neighbor to the entire 280 mile proposed route riding opportunities ; it Skyline... Atv for the day and see amazing views of the trails up Farmington Canyon which makes it a trail. Able to do the whole route of orher regular sized vehicles on the Skyline )! Trails up Farmington Canyon which makes it a longer trail system in Bountiful trail in the mid-60 's but.. Maps skyline trail bountiful utah snow bank blocks the road just past the large viewpoint area take over trail,! Best used from may until October to 11,000 feet above sea level it. From steep hill climbing terrain and steep, treed boondocking have to be patient with slow or inexperienced traffic is! Few washboarded sections that made things loosey-goosey down for the blind turns there! Your lucky some wild life along the way to spend the day trail maps, driving directions regulations!