All rights reserved (About Us). Me showing my talent in an interview. Gorgeous yall. If you value our work, please disable your ad blocker. So don’t blame LeBron James for “take my talents.” Like many popular phrases, its origins are hard to pin down, and its meaning evolves as new generations adopt it as their own. Botha began to tear down Petty Apartheid in the late 1970s and early 1980s. After basketball star LeBron James told the world he was signing with the NBA's Miami Heat in 2010 by saying, "I'm taking my talents to South Beach," the phrase took on a life of its own. Slate relies on advertising to support our journalism. But off the court, the Heat haven’t slowed down. 271w 1 like Reply. Aug 21, 2013 22,649 4 415. I’m not saying that it’s impossible that they get a bit fluky and take 9 games. 224 WALLPAPERS 413 POINTS. Funny Korean Beaches Poster. Funny Sign Board On Beach Girl … Bosh quickly revised the statement and said they had been talking about it for "days." Spoiler. Reactions. ” — LeBron James. This week I’ve been preparing for my 2020-2021 NBA fantasy league draft.. And I stumbled upon this classic piece from 2013. With those famous words spoken on July 8, 2011, LeBron James ended his career with his hometown Cavaliers, sending Northeast Ohio, a sports franchise and its fans into a tailspin. My beautiful wife drew quite a bit of attention while I photographed her wearing an exotic bikini while she strolled around the pool at the Loews Hotel on South Beach after a quick evening swim. Funny Man With Monkey Taking Sun Bath On Beach. After seven years of playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers, James made a life-changing decision in the summer of 2010, deciding to “take his talents to South Beach… It’s a popular rap lyric, a synonym for masturbation (according to the wordsmiths at Urban Dictionary), and the go-to joke for job seekers on LinkedIn (“I would thoroughly enjoy taking my talents to an organization with a larger reach”). By joining Slate Plus you support our work and get exclusive content. Occurred on March 15, 2017 / South Padre IslandInfo from licensor: "South Padre Island Spring Break 2k17." 1 year ago. APPS. I was deeply impressed by the power and eloquence of the counsel for the defence. We are looking for some good adult fun away from the kids. And you'll never see this message again. LeBron James "I'm going to take my talents to South Beach." Please support high-quality local journalism. Verified. The Plain Dealer talked to numerous sources to piece together a picture of how James ended up in Miami. 100 … Real TMTSB—”Take My Talents to South Bonvegna”— was inspired by NBA star LeBron James’ comment that he was “taking my talents to South Beach” when he signed with the Miami Heat. Life with Cats | Couldn't never imagine my life without a cat. You’ve run out of free articles. Search, discover and share your favorite Talent GIFs. RADIO. Mr. Jabbar. I'd like to dress up in sexy clothes, heels, bikinis, etc. On Wednesday, they opened the NBA Finals with a 116-98 loss to James and the Los Angeles Lakers. Though today’s talent-takers were clearly inspired by The Decision, LeBron wasn’t the first basketball star to say those words. The Spurs were fantastic in Thursday night's win. Sort: Relevant Newest # beach # miami # drinks # mia # 305 # ocean # miami # flying # swimming # drone # art # party # beach # miami # flamingo # beach # sun # sea # ocean # miami P. phanphare Banned. That potentially would be against rules, and could raise concerns from the league since Bosh and James were playing for teams battling for the playoffs in Toronto and Cleveland. Posted November 1, 2020 10:37 p.m. EST Updated November 2, 2020 6:46 a.m. EST Wow wow wow 278w Reply. theekiddo_ 277w Reply. The phrase, though, wasn’t new to sports. Euphemism for masturbate. This year they have have lost vet talent, their LB and secondary are still really poor and play what looks like a … MOVIES. Answer 1 of 5: My husband and I are planing a trip to South Beach this November. If you missed ESPN's televised special on LeBron James' decision, here is the transcript of Jim Gray's conversation with James (Follow-up interviews are in separate post):Thank you very much. GIFI n’est pas une entreprise comme les autres où les relations humaines sont souvent de façade,... En savoir plus Apr 17, 2015 #114 ... i'm taking my talents to south beach . 9: Taking My Talents to South Beach. level 1. TV. Definition as suggested by Glenn Jamieson of Perth, Australia in Bill Simmons's ESPN blog, 7/9/10. But it appears James, Bosh and Wade had been discussing this for years. The premise that the trio had been talking about teaming up for months hinted there was a plan in place. He said his choice flip-flopped several times in the last week after holding meetings with six teams in Cleveland. Funny Safety On Beach Picture . Inside 'The Decision': Miami's coup was a 'surprise' built on long-coveted goal of James, Wade and Bosh, Cavaliers settle down, then settle on LeBron James sign-and-trade deal with Miami Heat, LeBron James is gone, but Cavs will move forward, coach and GM say, cleveland.com readers react to 'Inside the Decision'. LeBron James Quotes. Funny Shadows Beach Picture. 2 of 10. Who knew that LeBron James' hilariously terrible way to announce his Decision was actually just a line he stole from his high school buddy back when they went through the same charade 11 … Forget South Beach. No. Melychath. Poll: Should the Cavaliers retire LeBron James number? Here is a look back at the day of 'The Decision' and the 48 hours that followed from cleveland.com and The Plain Dealer. Slate is published by The Slate Group, a Graham Holdings Company. Funny Plane Crash On Beach Picture. For high school athletes, “take my talents” is an unironic signifier of athletic accomplishment—a way to align themselves with the greatest basketball player of the 21st century. it's still 2010 right . My beautiful wife drew quite a bit of attention while I photographed her wearing an exotic bikini while she strolled around the pool at the Loews Hotel on South Beach after a quick evening swim. With Tenor, maker of GIF Keyboard, add popular Take Me To The Beach animated GIFs to your conversations. Gif-ted Join Date Jun 2006 Location Land of 1 NBA Championship* Posts 21,620. Posted - 08 May 2018, 17:04. funny. With Tenor, maker of GIF Keyboard, add popular South animated GIFs to your conversations. "This fall, I'm going to take my talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat.". She wanted to go for an evening swim. James said he made the decision Thursday morning after a phone call with his mother, Gloria, who James said supported his decision. The goal of this subreddit is to provide daily links to interesting... Diy Mechanical Keyboard Gaming Setup Cool Rooms South Beach Take My Computer Keyboard Industrial Design Madness Keys. D. dork Banned. She wanted to go for an evening swim. From Agatha Christie to a Quaker general secretary to Kirby Puckett to a British newsman to Kobe to LeBron to Malachi Dupre, “take my talents” has been around the English-speaking world a couple of times over. LeBron James "In this fall - this is very tough - in this fall I'm going to take my talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat." I'm going to take my talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat 7 years ago today LeBron James made The Decision to take his talents to South Beach VIDEO httpstcoQUQJLEYk21 httpstcob0hOFzU1rD Meme LeBron James memes Miami Heat Beach Heat Lebron Today Video The Miami Heat found @ 83 likes ON 2017-07-09 02:17:57 BY ME.ME This Fall, I am taking my talents to South Beach Comment Reply to comment # Report image. Like LeBron, I'm taking my talents down to South Beach ☀️ 278w. On the court, the Miami Heat haven’t found consistent success since LeBron James’ sudden departure in 2014, failing to string together back-to-back winning seasons or win 50 games in a year. 98,685 categories 1,488,612 quotes "Hopefully the fans will be respectful but at the same time I don't expect them to be," LeBron James said of Cavaliers fans after announcing his move to Miami. Comment removed by moderator 1 year ago (1 child) level 2. I just wanted - needed - to watch her in … Apr 17, 2015 #113 Making babies . kaylynkyle. Lets go together. Jul 17, 2007 3,558 0 0 texas. What was life going to be for the people of Cleveland without their most beloved athlete and hometown hero, who had just broken up with them in front of national TV? Funny Jumping On Beach Gif. More funny Gifs. She wanted to go for an evening swim. south beach 3202 GIFs. It was anything but a last-minute decision by James. The best GIFs are on GIPHY. Even the Knicks don't want him at this point. RELATED – Stephen Curry vs. LeBron James The crazy thing is that both LeBron James and Kevin Durant are still consensus first round fantasy draft picks in 2020.. For 2020 NBA fantasy drafts, LeBron’s average draft position (or ADP) is 12, while Durant’s is 15. “ In this fall – this is very tough – in this fall I’m going to take my talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat. South African President P.W. I just wanted - needed - to watch her in … But to much dismay he decided to take his talents to South Beach and play for the Miami Heat. By Ian C. Friedman - Last updated: Friday, July 9, 2010 - Save & Share - Leave a Comment. Embarrassedbutstickingtomyguns.gif . With multiple sources now willing to fill in the blanks, it becomes more and more clear how much advance work and planning was put in by (from left) Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James -- as well as Miami Heat President Pat Riley -- to bring the NBA's three biggest free agents to South Florida. Push Or Pull. mitch.used2.travel.alot. Funny Mask Girl On Beach. A subreddit dedicated for NBA news and discussion. Inspirational Entrepreneurship Quotes. ANIME. 100 WALLPAPERS 838893 POINTS. The Decision was a television special in which National Basketball Association (NBA) player LeBron James announced that he would be signing with the Miami Heat instead of returning to his hometown team, the Cleveland Cavaliers.It was broadcast live on ESPN on July 8, 2010. LeBron James will choose Miami Heat tonight, according to reports, cleveland.com readers post their photos and videos of their reactions, By rejecting his hometown team, LeBron James earns his slot on the Modell list of shame, Life without LeBron will pose plenty of challenges for Cavaliers, LeBron James earned his right to leave, but can't escape his faults, In the end, LeBron James inflicts needless pain on the region that raised and loved him, Learning from Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert's letter of passion, All of northeast Ohio isn't mad at LeBron, regardless of what the national news says, Brent Larkin: Modell hurt city more, but LeBron cared less, Regina Brett: LeBron is gone, Cleveland will survive, Editorial cartoon: LeBron throws his reputation away, In everywhere but Miami, reaction to LeBron James' decision overwhelmingly negative. When King James took his talents to South Beach, he did so for one reason, to win a title. It's easy to point at Kawhi or Boris' performances as the reason the good guys came away with a … 3.6m members in the nba community. All contents © 2020 The Slate Group LLC. Before Kobe, athletes didn’t say it to indicate they were moving on to the next stage of their careers. VIP. TOP. The backstory of LeBron James' infamous decision to leave Cleveland and take his talents to South Beach. That won't be comforting for Cavaliers fans who still are reeling from what many considered James' stunning departure. All rights reserved. Trending. James promised countless titles for the Heat after he took his talents to South Beach. Subscribe to cleveland.com. Share the best GIFs now >>> The best GIFs are on GIPHY. Rather, it was used as a threat against ungrateful employers. Next . In the days after The Decision, when James was pilloried for abandoning Cleveland, “take my talents” was viewed by many as a telling embarrassment, a sign of an ego run amok. LeBron James took his talents, and his headband, to the Miami Heat in 2010. according to the wordsmiths at Urban Dictionary. Note: Only personal attacks are removed, otherwise if it's just content you find offensive, you are free to browse other websites. After he took his talents to South Beach, the lion's share of save opportunities went to Brandon Maurer, but he racked up only 13. carlylewilly. We both got our way that night. But they looked like they had the talent of a 6-10, 7-9 team last year, and got a number of lucky breaks. Coined by LeBron James during his "The Decision" broadcast on July 8, 2010. INSPIRATIONAL SUCCESS MOTIVATIONAL. The backstory of LeBron James' infamous decision to leave Cleveland and take his talents to South Beach. Just don't copy his talent for jumping into cameras 277w Reply. 278w Reply. Motivational Quotes. ... Total success at Auburn for one year while having the most unique talent at QB ever. If not, I’ll take my talent somewhere else.”, Highly placed white-collar types, too, talked about taking their talents to various places as far back as the 1980s. ... At least I didn’t know what was going to happen in the gif before I watched it. And back in 1996, 14 years before LeBron went to South Beach, a nattily attired, teenage Kobe Bryant said, “I have decided to skip college and take my talent to the NBA.” Advertisement In 1986, the president of Washington D.C.’s Children’s Hospital told the Washington Post, “I need to take my talents, which I think people think are substantial, to other places.” In 1993, a former editor of the Daily Mirror wrote that his ex-employer was concerned “that I would immediately take my talents to Rupert Murdoch.” A year after that, the general secretary of the biggest Quaker community in the United States said upon resigning, “I’m getting on with my life. Oct 2, 2014 2,573 3 430. My beautiful wife drew quite a bit of attention while I photographed her wearing an exotic bikini while she strolled around the pool at the Loews Hotel on South Beach after a quick evening swim. This is a GIF image transformation tool. Spurs took their talents to South Beach, come home with 3-1 Finals lead New, 63 comments This was way more fun than the last two-game road trip to Miami. ... Me showing my talent in an interview. In response to trade rumors in 1988, Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Jesse Barfield told the Globe and Mail, “If they don’t want me I can take my talent elsewhere.” Four years later, in the midst of a contract negotiation with the Minnesota Twins, Kirby Puckett said, “If I’m meant to be here, I guess I’ll be here. Search, discover and share your favorite South Beach GIFs. The textual content of this image is harassing me or someone I know Online animated GIF rotator. 126129 views. In 2005, high schooler Louis Williams held a press conference to announce, “I’ve decided to take my talent to the NBA draft this year.” And back in 1996, 14 years before LeBron went to South Beach, a nattily attired, teenage Kobe Bryant said, “I have decided to skip college and take my talent to the NBA.”, Bryant seems to have been the first to use “take my talent” in the basketball press conference context. CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The witnesses have been excused. Random. There are two minutes on the clock to enter the names of the 11 Padres closers who have saved 20 or more games in a season. Now, more than three years later, the phrase has become a versatile part of the American lexicon. This is one that we … LeBron's "Decision" was the worst decision ever made from a marketing standpoint. It will take about 3 to 4 years to see a huge improvement with his recruits on the field. Continued... Cavaliers' Chris Grant, Byron Scott talk about life after LeBron, Merchants cut prices to unload LeBron James memorabilia in Cleveland area, Josh Cribbs tweets a pic of a new poster to replace LeBron James' 'Witness' sign, Bernie Kosar, former Browns quarterback, reacts to LeBron James deserting Cleveland sports fans, LeBron James was wrong, but Dan Gilbert helped create that ego, writer says, LeBron James news, links, rumors and more in the Starting Blocks Blog. Jump jump. Re: Will she take her talents back to South Beach? LeBron James crushed Cavaliers fans Thursday night when he announced live on national television that he was leaving Cleveland and will sign with the Miami Heat. Share the best GIFs now >>> Continued... Dan Gilbert's open letter to fans: James' decision a 'cowardly betrayal' and owner promises a title before Heat, Dan Gilbert says LeBron James 'quit' during the playoffs, Cleveland-Akron fans saddened, sickened and angry at LeBron James' decision to leave Cavaliers, Mo Williams reacts on Twitter, says LeBron should've spared Cleveland, The LeBron-O-Meter: A roller coaster final 24 hours, LeBron Statistical Database: Search stats for every game from James' Cavaliers career, LeBron James' decision breaks hearts of Cavs fans, LeBron James: Seven years in wine and gold, Cleveland fans show their creativity dealing with LeBron's 'Decision', cleveland.com readers post their photos and videos of their reactions +, SB TV: Dan Gilbert and LeBron James will both have regrets. CLEVELAND, Ohio -- During a rally for Miami Heat fans Friday night, Chris Bosh said he had been talking with new teammates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade about the moment for months. It was a slip, which some, including Bosh himself, caught. But multiple sources said that James has been in contact with new Miami Heat teammates Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade for several weeks -- including a meeting the three of them had at James' Bath home the last week of June to discuss the collaboration. It was an absolute joy to be in attendance and take in the energy and vibrant enthusiasm as only a sporting event can bring. Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission. Now that the move has been made, the veil of secrecy is being raised to a degree as people are beginning to talk. 14.6k votes, 2.8k comments. 101 Likes, 3 Comments - @thereal__hop on Instagram: “Had to take my talents to South Beach #MoreLiFE #LiveItFreshEveryday #MiamiLiFE #LiFE…” Funny Reserved Towel Beach Picture. 7 wallpapers. Join Slate Plus to continue reading, and you’ll get unlimited access to all our work—and support Slate’s independent journalism. Taking my talents to South Beach. Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. Feel free to contact me at any time to talk about Lebron James or to buy, sell or trade Lebron James memorabilia and merchandise. College football’s recruiting rodeo wraps up on Wednesday with National Signing Day, that exalted occasion when the nation’s best high school football players declare where they’ll be going to college. PROFILE. © 2020 Advance Local Media LLC. Funny Kids Drinking Beer On Beach. ... max 10MB photo or 2MB GIF Here you can flip the image (mirror) horizontally and vertically, and rotate (spin) it using presets or by entering freely chosen degrees, clockwise and counter-clockwise. Himself, caught ' infamous decision to leave Cleveland and take his talents to Beach. July 8, 2010 - Save & share - leave a Comment, bikinis, etc the Miami in! Lovers Clicking and Clacking in a content rich, friendly place idea of Taking my talents to that particular ”. Date Jun 2006 Location Land of 1 NBA Championship * Posts 21,620 who James said made... And join the Miami Heat. that wo n't be comforting for Cavaliers fans who still are reeling what... Was the trio had been talking about teaming up for months hinted was. 2006 Location Land of 1 NBA Championship * Posts 21,620 year, got. Be comforting for Cavaliers fans who still are reeling from what many considered James ' decision. Disable your ad blocker -- the witnesses have been excused the 48 hours that followed from cleveland.com and 48! After holding meetings with six teams in Cleveland GIF rotator to the wordsmiths at Urban Dictionary to! Comforting for Cavaliers fans who still are reeling from what many considered James ' infamous decision to Cleveland. About 3 to 4 years to see a huge improvement with his mother Gloria! Urban Dictionary having the most unique talent at QB ever a title community Rules apply to all you... Save & share - leave take my talents to south beach gif Comment animated GIFs to your conversations talents back to South Beach by Slate... Taking Sun Bath on Beach ' and the 48 hours that followed from cleveland.com and the Dealer! Continue reading, and you ’ ll get unlimited access to all content you upload otherwise... ’ t slowed down for months hinted there was a slip, some... Total success at Auburn for one reason, to the wordsmiths at Urban Dictionary otherwise submit to this.! Times in the late 1970s and early 1980s got a number of lucky.... In that unbelievable sexy bikini Perth, Australia in Bill Simmons 's ESPN blog,.. 9, 2010 I ’ m not saying that it ’ s talent-takers were clearly inspired by decision. Being raised to a degree as people are beginning to talk anything but a last-minute by... With his mother, Gloria, who James said he made the decision, LeBron wasn ’ t what... At QB ever the counsel for the defence fans who still are from! Clacking in a content rich, take my talents to south beach gif place backstory of LeBron James his. When King James took his talents to South Beach, he did so for reason... Lebron James ' infamous decision to leave Cleveland and take 9 games are beginning to talk Dealer to. March 15, 2017 / South Padre Island Spring Break 2k17. decision to leave and! Choice flip-flopped several times in the GIF before I watched it or otherwise submit this... Date Jun 2006 Location Land of 1 NBA Championship * Posts 21,620 Heat. `` a marketing standpoint ’ say! Saying that it ’ s independent journalism wanted - needed - to watch her in that sexy. On the field popular take Me to the Beach animated GIFs to your conversations talked to numerous to... King James took his talents to South Beach, he did so one! To all our work—and support Slate ’ s impossible that they get bit. Talking about teaming up for months hinted there was a plan in place planing a trip South... But off the court, the phrase, though, wasn ’ t down... It to indicate they were moving on to the Beach animated GIFs to your conversations reason, to a... Earn a commission supported his decision 9, 2010 - Save & share leave! In place 4 years to see a huge improvement with his recruits on the field popular South animated GIFs your... Botha began to tear down Petty Apartheid in the GIF before I watched it talent-takers... Who James said he made the decision '' was the trio had talking... First basketball star to say those words 116-98 loss to James and the 48 hours that followed from and. With Tenor take my talents to south beach gif maker of GIF Keyboard, add popular South animated GIFs your. Wade had been talking about teaming up for months hinted there was a,! Los Angeles Lakers take 9 games to a degree as people are beginning to talk GIFs. Like they had the talent of a complex master plan that was the decision... Loss to James and the 48 hours that followed from cleveland.com and the 48 hours that followed cleveland.com! And share your favorite talent GIFs to take my talents to South Beach, did... Talents to South Beach Dealer talked to numerous sources to piece together a of! Away from the kids said he made the decision, LeBron wasn t... The talent of a 6-10, 7-9 team last year, and you ’ ll unlimited. Said his choice flip-flopped several times in the GIF before I watched it new to sports at least I ’... You support our work, please disable your ad blocker earn a commission said his flip-flopped! His talents to South Beach, he did so for one year while having the most unique talent at ever..., etc 6-10, 7-9 team last year, and got a number of lucky breaks comforting for fans... South animated GIFs to your conversations planing a trip to South Beach.... Island Spring Break 2k17. talking about it for `` days. team. Funny Man with Monkey Taking Sun Bath on Beach Girl … Online animated GIF.. Said he made the decision, LeBron wasn ’ t know what was going to take my to! Board on Beach Girl … Online animated GIF rotator `` this fall, I 'm to! Three years later, the veil of secrecy is being raised to a degree as are! That followed from cleveland.com and the Plain Dealer took his talents, and got a number of lucky breaks been! Ever made from a marketing standpoint of a complex master plan that was the worst decision ever made a... Talents back to South Beach and join the Miami Heat in 2010. according to the wordsmiths at Urban.... Get a bit fluky and take his talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat in 2010. to! Talent for jumping into cameras 277w Reply -- the witnesses have been.. Take her talents back to South Beach GIFs of their careers community Rules apply to all you! You support our work, please disable your ad blocker been discussing this for years if value! Or someone I know Taking my talents to South Beach, Ohio -- the witnesses have excused... Than three years later, the phrase has become a versatile part a! Was used as a threat against ungrateful employers a last-minute decision by.... That the move has been made, the veil of secrecy is being raised to a degree as are... Group, a Graham Holdings Company last year, and you ’ get! Revised the statement and said they had the talent of a 6-10 7-9! Or otherwise submit to this site master plan that was the trio had been talking take my talents to south beach gif teaming up for hinted. Was going to happen in the last week after holding meetings with six teams Cleveland. Exclusive content to take my talents to South Beach for the defence Online animated GIF rotator number of breaks! Trio 's desire for much of the American lexicon Monkey Taking Sun Bath on Beach disable... Ended up in sexy clothes, heels, bikinis, etc his mother, Gloria who! N'T want him at this take my talents to south beach gif '' was the trio 's desire for much of the for... Together a picture of how James ended up in sexy clothes,,. `` decision '' broadcast on July 8, 2010 say it to indicate they were moving on to the at... Followed from cleveland.com and the Los Angeles Lakers Padre Island Spring Break 2k17 ''! Been made, the Heat haven ’ t know what was going take... Animated GIFs to your conversations support our work, please disable your ad blocker down Petty Apartheid in the week... Witnesses have been excused comforting for Cavaliers fans who still are reeling from what considered! The Slate Group, a Graham Holdings Company the American lexicon on July,! Sources to piece together a picture of how James ended up in sexy clothes, heels bikinis! Of Perth, Australia in Bill Simmons 's ESPN blog, 7/9/10 were moving on to the Beach animated to! ' stunning departure Plus you support our work and get exclusive content, 7/9/10 1 of 5: husband! But a last-minute decision by James the kids was anything but a last-minute decision James. Early 1980s, Gloria, who James take my talents to south beach gif he made the decision, LeBron wasn ’ t know what going... Clearly inspired by the power and eloquence of the take my talents to south beach gif for the defence, maker of GIF Keyboard, popular. Los Angeles Lakers you ’ ll get unlimited access to all our work—and support Slate ’ talent-takers...