A sword is only considered illegal if it's used as a weapon or if you carry it around concealed. I was also good enough to ask before making the purchase on the legalities of owning and or buying swords/katana's, from what I understand there is no law preventing you from buying a sword. google_ad_width = 468; Are Bullpups Legal in Canada? First, let’s take a look at the Canadian Criminal Code. I HAVE MADE PLANS FOR MY SPECIAL NEEDS STEP SON TO GO TO CAMP NEAR MONTREAL THIS SUMMER AND IT WILLBE THE LAST. arise about whether or not it is legal to carry a sword, use nunchaka, Im not saying every person should be carrying a weapon, but the police only get there, after the fact. But you can get in trouble when doing downtown shopping. This include self-defense! Went out and grabbed a rock, and beat the rapist. As cool as they are, umbrella swords can't be shipped to California, New York, or Massachusetts, meaning they're apparently illegal in at least those states. Federal laws of canada. I want to move to the States! To be fair, my article was stating the worst-case scenarios. A sword is considered a dangerous or prohibited weapon in much of the US, and I know that couriers usually won't ship them into the US. I collect nice or unusual knives and can’t believe they confiscated this item although other Canadians have posted they love the knife they received, from thesame seller. Information and translations of ILLÉGAL in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on … 36. Example, you’re at a bar, fight breaks out, you somehow get involved and the police show up and notice a knife on you, they’ll have questions and may cause you grief. Or protect myself,and deal with the consequences? I carry a knife in my cowboy boot(just kidding if the cops are watching). Love your comment bro , I live in Guelph Ontario and love taking my kids to Toronto for day trips , think I don’t take an eight inch blade whith a sheath Only law enforcement officers may legally carry or possess pepper spray. I always C. C. a knife no matter what! I also told her, if she got caught with it, she would lose her protection. However carrying the same knife in the same manner while going out to the movies, or to the pub, or just being out & about, could be seen as unjustifiable and could be interpreted negatively by local authorities, leading to confiscation and/or charges. All reviews are unbiased and serve to guide you to the best products for your needs. Apparently there are limits to the amount you can pay for in change. Tell them about the school and make it clear that the sword is dull and made for practice or that your bow is unstrung. Swords in Canada by: Anonymous I live in Canada and I'm a proud owner of a blunt katana I bought locally. There are no federal laws on knife or sword carry - other than it can't be concealed and it can't be an auto, push dagger, butterfly, or belt knife. Winter Jayy Hawthorne – I totally agree with! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. There are also statutory provisions relating to hate publications in some, but not all, of the provinces and territories.. Bear and/or dog mace are okay when in the woods. They’re doing their job. I live in fucking Newton Surrey come here after the sun goes down and tell me you feel safe. google_ad_client = 'pub-8312764994730727'; “Offending a place with a bad smell” is illegal under the criminal code in all of Canada. REASON WHY……… I HAVE CARRIED A CONCEALED FIREARM FOR OVER 40 YEARS HERE IN THE US. But you wouldn’t be concealing those anyway or walking around in dark alleys at night with your shopping bags. Bullpup conversion kits for existing firearms that can fire without the stock are illegal. Even though it fails to define what hate speech is, the Criminal Code creates criminal offences with respect to different aspects of hate propaganda. You can basically decorate your living room so you you would have an entire wall full of swords. Furthermore, in a case about 15 years ago, a man walked into his girlfriends place of work, saw that she was being raped by a customer. It is no longer legal to preach the word of Christ on the Canadian streets if others are offended. Comment. Not to pull it for any reason short of life or death, or rape. Canadian Knife Laws – What You Can And Can’t Carry, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Canadian Knife Laws - What You Can And Can't Carry. Sir Studley Smugley. Dog Spray/Bear Spray - Illegal - these chemicals are regulated under the Pest Control Products Act. Back in the day it was completely fine to carry a full tang knife on your side. You p***y, I live in Whalley, get an assisted opening knife, and a can of dog spray.. we have coyotes running around at night, sometimes in packs.. it’s not an unreasonable excuse to have them.. and I wont even get into all the pitbulls. This law is about intent. THE WORLD IS SCARIER THEN EVER AND I FEEL SAFE KNOWING I HAVE A SELF DEFENSE WEAPON EVEN IF IT IS MY KERSHAW POCKET KNIFE. Required fields are marked *. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. take the bus with a sai in your gym bag and similar matters. Very few, if any, states laws mention samurai swords by name, but almost every state regulates the types of knives you can buy, own, carry and open carry. Use survival techniques and equipment at your own risk. Don’t import or get your hands on any of the prohibited weapons in the list above, don’t conceal, and don’t have the intent to cause harm, threaten, or scare others. The truth is, swords and knifes still scare people more than guns while many people, even those who are not martial artists like you and I, will freeze up when confronted with a knife, even more so with a sword. Some types of concealable swords, such as cane swords or Zatoichi style Katana are illegal to buy, own or carry in California and New York State. I chose the latter,but each to his own. Im moving to the States id rather have Trump as my country’s leader than be completely defenseless in my own god damned county. Questions You can carry a sword strapped to your back on downtown Toronto - it's perfectly legal - but not smart - just don't do it. Your email address will not be published. I can’t protect myself??? Of course if you buy a set of kitchen knives or a sword to hang on your wall, that’s okay. Ultimately, use common sense when carrying a knife, and remember the rule of reasonable force. He was found to be not guilty in a trial of his peers. Do not try to scare the Queen in Canada, unless you want to be arrested. centrifugal knives such as flick knives or butterfly knives; mace or pepper spray designed for use on humans; manrikigusari or kusari (fighting chains); finger rings with blades or other sharp objects projecting from the surface; devices shorter than 30 cm concealing a knife blade (e.g. Just so you know, when I was in beavers lol we learned to use a pocket knife, I was six. EVERYTHING.”, Blade Forums – ” Knife Laws for fixed blade daggers in Ontario Canada?”, Army.ca – “Question on legal knife length in Canada”, Pros and Cons of an Every Day Carry Kit (EDC) - Canuck Survival, How to Make Pemmican The Ultimate Survival Food, Pros and Cons of an Every Day Carry Kit (EDC), How To Layer Clothing For All Weather Conditions. I hope. In California, certain kinds of knives are completely illegal, and you cannot own, buy or carry them. Am I discriminating against young black men, the answer is yes!!! If a security official or police officer asks you about your sword or bow: Be polite. Ive carried one ever since. I THOUGHT OF BEAR MASE BUT EVEN THAT IF I’M NOT IN BEAR COUNTRY I CAN BE IN TROUBLE. Texas is the most liberal state, allowing open carry of swords for those over 18 years of age (or again, with parental supervision… Linguee à â é è ê ë ï î ô ù û ç œ æ. CanuckSurvival.com and its authors will not be responsible for any injury, death, or consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided throughout this website. What about my girlfriend she’s supposed to just let someone rape her??? In reading this article, please remember: . By clicking the links you are helping to support Canuck Survival via a small commission at no extra cost to you! Log in to comment. google_ad_format = '468x60_as'; It is illegal to remove a band aid in public in Canada. Mace/Pepper Spray - Illegal - In Canada, any product with a label containing the words 'pepper spray', 'mace' etc. I agree with all the statements! Good idea about the belt chain. Sometimes I still do, I have a Kephart that I carry all the time. It’s the job of the Crown to PROVE malicious intent. I, like yourself, am also working on immigrating to the US as well, Canada sucks balls now, not the Canada I was born and raised in. Learn how your comment data is processed. As stated above it do not conceal or have the intent to cause harm; this includes self defense! Where: Canada-Wide. Canada Prohibited Weapons Laws - Swords? Practitioners carrying such weapons to or from practice should make an extra effort to be courteous to others, and should understand if they receive extra attention from passing police officers. There are no restrictions on owning swords in Canada. I'd also like to know the legal status of me walking around with it in my house versus out in public. Lv 7. Carrying a knife as a TOOL for a job is okay. Example, walking through a dark alley at night with a utility knife in your pocket for protection sounds like a good idea. Bay Street is cutthroat. It is illegal to frighten the Queen. Share. It’s now, investigate and punish instead of protect and serve. Favorite Answer. Why, because the intent to use it for such an occasion is there before you even stepped out from your house. Sources if you’d like to read more and visit forum discussions: These couple of paragraphs, concern me, as a fellow Canuck. Gain clarity with this guide on what knives you can and can't carry in Canada. I agree completely, I’m sick and tired of these laws that try and control you and manipulate you in to conforming to there ways. Second, the self defense laws in Canada, have also changed drastically since the Harper Government. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ALL ABOUT! Canada has recently updated the information online to actually state what is illegal to import and posses in Canada [source]. Besides “sword” is a pretty general term. 35. California law is typical. Here’s the list: With that said, it’s also illegal to conceal any knife and with the intent to harm. I showed her how to use it and when. The majority of the time simply carrying a knife won’t get you in any trouble if you can explain it, but if you’re causing trouble/try to use against someone… the police won’t be happy. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Number one. This is because they are afraid of grabbing it, as a flick of the attacker's wrist can cut off a finger or hand. Your belt is a weapon if you hit someone with it. P.S I USED TO EMPLOY 2 MEN FROM WINDSOR WHO CROSSED THE BORDER EVERY DAY FOR OVER 30 YEARS IN DETROIT. However, if you intentionally conceal your belt and intend to use it as a weapon (both of which the prosecutor must prove) then that would be an offence under section 90, as crazy as it sounds. or are otherwise originally produced for use on humans are classified as a prohibited weapon. The Supreme Court of Canada, has ruled that the court MUST take into account the accused’s perception of danger to their person, or life, at the time of the event. In Texas, illegal knives are described as knives with blades longer than 5.5 inches, along with swords. A criminal will simply wait until the police aren’t around to commit a crime. Furthermore, this also means you can be charged with assault with a weapon even when defending yourself. But anyone who says it is illegal is disregarding the rulings of our own European Court of Human Rights. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. More details below. Thank you!*. The law is designed for prohibiting things like lipstick knives or hairbrush dagger. I guess I was born the wrong colour. Daniel on JustAnswer.com has a perfect analogy for this. Who the fuck agrees with me? Prohibited Weapon []. I would probably walk around with it. IN FACT I HAD PLANED TO SITE SEE AFTER DROPPING HIM AT CAMP. Knives only become the law's concern in Canada after being used to threaten, injure or kill someone. I’ve spent a bit of time researching this subject, but keep in mind this is in no way, shape, or form, legal advice*. These include switchblades and butterfly knives, among others. WHILE I HAVE HAD TO DRAW MY WEAPON TWICE TO THWART BODILY HARM I HAVE YET TO HAVE TO SH OOT ANYONE AND LEGALLY COULD HAVE. There is no country that I can think of where owning a sword is illegal besides maybe North Korea. ?? knife-comb); Kiyoga or Steel Cobra batons (spring batons); spring-loaded rigid batons (triggered by a button or lever). So I'm looking through our weapons laws to figure out what's prohibited, and I noticed that, although it specifically bans folding blade weapons among other martial arts weapons, there is no mention at all of fixed blade weapons like swords … You wonder how many times this happened before someone decided to make a law for it. Y;all got it wrong mates,,,You carry a 1″ bike cable, on your waist or on a Jacket pull out…Anyone fuck with you on you bike ,or person, whip that thing out with a solid end on it..Why I thought I bust the guys skull the first time I used it..no-one fucks with Charlie now…I just tell cops it a belt,or a bike lock…but must be thick solid steel/rubber outside!!! Seriously. If you are just walking around with a belt, it is obviously no offence. One thing to keep in mind is that this doesn't necessarily go both ways. BUT, and this is a big but, the knife you carry must only be used as a tool (a.k.a. What a stupid country we live in…I can’t even defend myself or my son? Your email address will not be published. It's a concealed weapon. Example, lots of construction guys will need a knife for their job, it’s no problem to have one on the hip when going to and from work. Paying with change. The Criminal Code distinguishes "prohibited weapons" and "restricted weapons" as subclasses of "weapons" generally. Man fuck this country. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! A 24" blade in a sword cane is not illegal (see point 3, COPS), but an 11" dagger in a cane would be. If they have a weapon, use a weapon. Most martial arts weapons are perfectly legal in Canada, provided that they are used for their intended purpose. I can’t get a knife with a 3″ blade but every black guy in Toronto seems to have a gun! 3 years ago. WELL SORRY I WILL NOT BE TRAVELING TO YOUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY EVER AGAIN AFTER THIS SUMMER. This is not Nazi Germany or Communist North Korea. I can just imagine the cops arresting little prince George, for playing peek-a-boo with his grandmother. Anything other than the above. So long as the weapon in question is not made of a certain steel and or weight. However items such as cane swords are illegal. The crown argued that the boyfriend premeditated this attack, and should go to jail for inflicting grievous bodily harm on the rapist, since he left and got a weapon to defend his girlfriend. The only time you’ll really get in trouble is the off-chance you’re in a place with a knife where you shouldn’t be. practitioners in Canada. So you have to decide, should I rely on the fictional protection from our police? How Much Tannerite is Legal to Mix in Canada? Canadian Knife Laws are one of the most vague things I’ve ever read. Border Force works alongside other government departments and agencies to prevent the import of illegal firearms (including their component parts), ammunition and offensive weapons into the UK. Best Manly Subscription Boxes For Canadians, Wilderness First Aid Kit Checklist – PDF Download, DIY Water Filter Kit For Camping and Hiking, Blade Forums – “Canadian Law Knife Specifics”, Blade Forums – “Canada knife carry: ILLEGAL. Blog Press Information. Linguee Apps . Meaning of ILLÉGAL. Thanks for the comment. Anonymous . Due to Canada's strict gun ownership laws, knives killed more people than guns did in Canada between 2000 and 2004.