I woke up at 6 am this morning, three hours before I'm supposed to be in the office, and was still 10 minutes late to work. Um, duh, of course being late is great — at the expense of people who are dumb enough to spend time with you. Unfortunately however, for me and my fellow late nighters, staying up late could actually be toxic to a person's health for many reasons. The Consequences of Being Late The consequences of being chronically late run deeper than many people realize, according to psychologist Linda Sapadin, PhD, author of Master Your Fears . I hated being late to class, or walking into a crowded room, because I can't stand when people look at me. As Fabrega puts … But the truth is, that even though lack of rest can impact your overall health, it’s not the same as different sleep timings. In this article, we look at eight possible reasons for a late period. Oh lord, don't even ask me how many times I've stayed up late studying for an exam or browsing through Pinterest while … Like thinking how fat I am, or how ugly I am. If you know me, you know I am ALWAYS (Ok, maybe like 94% of the time) EARLY to appointments, meetings, events, dinners, dates, everything. I get so self conscious, thinking that they're probably thinking awful things about me. Therefore, doing the best that you can to avoid being late should be your ultimate objective. If you are going to bed at 2 am, and waking up by 9 am, that’s not bad since you are getting the complete 7hrs of … You need to first understand that being late might depend greatly on the kind of culture you come from. Most people have the misconception that waking up late bad for your health. It is a type of being rude but being that this is your friend, you should let it slide. However, there are many other reasons why a woman might have a late period, ranging from birth control to stress. 1. Unless you’re living that good life of being able to get eight hours of sleep regardless of when your head hits the pillow, you’re likely getting less sleep when you stay up super late. 7 Reasons Not To Stress About Being A Late Bloomer Late bloomers, we feel ya: It can be frustrating, to say the least, to always feel like you're the last one to get past your awkward phase, have your first kiss or relationship, and figure out what you want to do with your life. So let's first define what we mean by "being late." You could say something, but his personality is the opposite of yours, so why bother making a big deal. Of course there are reasons as to why you may be late now and then, but at some point these random instances will become a bad habit if you don't do anything to change your ways. Being late is a catch-22: Although I get anxious about it, I’m equally as anxious about arriving places early, left to my own (handheld) devices while awkwardly standing alone. I'm almost always a few minutes late. To remedy the latter, experts suggest being prepared to wait. It Creates Bad Eating Habits. This is pretty standard for me. Why being chronically late is selfish and rude.